Tuesday, July 29, 2008

BKLYN Designs recap ~ For all design lovers

I've finally got my act together. I've collected my photos and literature and put them all together for a little sneak-peek back in time. The BKLYN DESIGNS show was held May 9th-11th with a record turnout of 6,500 design lovers. It was held in DUMBO, Brooklyn, spanned four venues, and showcased everything from the latest furniture to the latest jewelry. The spotlight of this year's show was definitely green and eco-design, with products locally made and constructed utilizing green fabrication processes. You can learn more about BKLYN DESIGNS and it's exhibitors at brooklyndesigns.net.

My favorites from the show mostly included ceramics, lighting, and furniture.




Lois Aronow was one of my favorites. The textures and colors were so unique and had a contemporary edge.


The sorapot from industrial designer Joey Roth was a big hit, and is now available for purchase. Go to the website to order one for yourself and see more of his clever designs.




I loved everything from Wüd. They combined very smart contemporary design with absolutely beautiful wood. The design was sleek, practical, and perfectly suited for urban life.


Environment 337 is a great Brooklyn resource for anything you'd need to make your home a little more inviting. They have a really cool selection of things for entertaining, relaxing, sleeping, and eating.



The lamps above are from furthur design. You must go to the website to look at more of their designs -- absolutely gorgeous glass and elegant designs! One day I must have one of those lamps...


Laidman Fabrication Inc. was a hit at the show. The chair above is made of many thin slats of wood which conform to your shape. I sat in it for quite awhile and it is very comfortable. They also have the same lounge chair in a couch size. Go to the site to see a lot more!



Phosphoria was another exhibitor with gorgeous lighting with a really nice sculptural quality. I just can't resist contemporary designs constructed from wood. Unfortunately my photos do not give it justice, you should definitely check out the website.


Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan, founder of one of my all-time favorite blogs, Apartment Therapy was also there signing his new book, Apartment Therapy Presents: Real Homes, Real People, Hundreds of Design Solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment