Friday, January 9, 2009

What's your opinion on this design trend?

So chalkboards are nothing new - but I seem to be noticing more and more of these schoolhouse staples in residential houses. I usually really like the look - it adds a cozy, lived-in feel to the house. In my last apartment, I had a giant dry-erase board in my kitchen but it didn't last long. It simply became too ugly. A chalkboard could be a different matter though, since one doesn't have to write in florescent colors all the time. What are your thoughts? Do you have a chalkboard in your home?

I love this chalkboard/inspiration area of Carolina Herrera Jr.'s apartment



via Domino



Chalkboard paint turns this screen or a wall into a handy place to jot notes.
via Martha Stewart

via RowHouse Blog

via Tiny Decor via VivaTerra

via Good Housekeeping





via Country Living

A chalkboard back splash could be cool...
via Apartment Therapy

No comments:

Post a Comment