Thursday, February 16, 2012

Oh so glamorous and elegant interiors in white

I am super excited about this post because I always have, and I think always will, have a soft spot for white interiors.  Having a room based in white is great by itself, and it's great for those who are afraid of color, because it lets you experiment with color in small doses, such as throws, pillows, and other accessories.


Aren't the windows to die for?  The room could easily go gloomy with all of the dark wood, however, so white furnishings and light and airy fabrics keep it bright.


The dramatic slate gray walls in this SF showhouse really contrast beautifully with the white upholstered chairs.


This dining room has superb bones, and the white and neutral colors let them take center stage.
I think I'd go without the rug though.

I like the painted floors in this room, but I think I'd sill like a rug at my feet when I get out of bed.  The chandelier and furniture is gorgeous.


*swoon...a modern parsons desk, an antique ladder-back chair, a tribal stool..the white netting..what an unexpected but delectable quartet.

What do you think?  Do any of these spaces make your heart skip a beat?

via Traditional Home

No comments:

Post a Comment