Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A bright, white, beautiful kitchen

"Simple and white" was homeowner Julie Holloway's mantra for her kitchen renovation, and it's one I hope to have the means to adopt one day as well.  I adore white kitchens, they look so clean and bright!

Check out Julie's gorgeous Atlanta area kitchen (and some more of her gorgeous 70's home)




For some reason I have a lot of trouble finding bar stools I like, especially in a more open layout where they have to work well with the living room furnishings as well.  I think the brushed stainless steel ones look good.  What do you think?

One thing Julie manages that I don't think I could is open shelves instead of cabinets.  It would force me to get matching dish sets, which is good, but it means only I would ever be putting the dishes away, cause my sweetums wouldn't have the patience to stack everything perfectly.  He'd rather wash dishes by hand than unload the dishwasher!


I adore the dining area - everything about it - chandelier, table, mirror, shades....


Here are some shots of the rest of the house.


 At first I thought this was a home office, but now I realize that maybe that mirrored piece isn't a desk...Regardless, love the space.

Oh la la...white and dark wood - how I love thee!



Julie is co-owner (along with Anisa Darnell) of Milk and Honey Home, check it out, you'll love it.  All the images seen here belong to Milk and Honey Home, and some were featured in the Nov. 2011 issue of Better Homes and Gardens.


this post in partnership with Lakeland Furniture

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this Blog. This is something useful information you have shared with all of us. Thank you so much for sharing. Liked this blog. Looking forward for another of your blog.
    Orthopaedic office chair

    ReplyDelete