Friday, April 12, 2013

Our first home!

I am so excited today, we decided to buy the house in Gaithersburg, MD.

We weighed pros and cons and did some back and forth and decided to take the leap! As soon as I agreed I knew we'd made the right decision. I've easily seen over 15 homes in the area, and this one just had a feeling right away - only the first house I saw and this one could I ever see myself living in. It has some quirks and character, but nothing we can't work with. Our settlement is late May.

 As you can imagine I already have a smorgasbord of ideas for the home. Here are the listing photos:

A summer shot of the front of the house

 Unfortunately the adorable German Shepherd puppy doesn't come with the home... Behind the wall with the TV is the kitchen, which we plan to open up and turn into a breakfast bar...




 Master bedroom.  We also plan on having hardwood throughout - my allergies can't handle carpet.

 Guest bedroom

 Another bedroom, which will be my office

 One of the two full baths...

The backyard is what is really special to us.  It by far and away is the largest and the mature trees give it a secluded feeling.  It needs a little love, but we're excited to get started!

It even has an outdoor fireplace!


I've already started my wishlist:

I'd love to have a settee or something like this in the bedroom,  since it's pretty spacious compared to what we're used to.

We're going to need some additional rugs now that we have more than two rooms


The lighting throughout the house is not our style, so we're going to be replacing it all

4 items above via Joss and Main

 I would like something similar for the diningroom, but perhaps a little crisper than this.

Love the end table.
2 items above via One Kings Lane


Hopefully a real bed! I've been using one of those metal frames with the wheels ever since I left my parents! via Rue La La

Some barstools for the breakfast bar via HauteLook

No comments:

Post a Comment