Monday, February 22, 2010

Check out the goodies I made for mom's bday

My mom's birthday was last Monday and I decided to go out on a limb and try cooking. While I'm a tremendous fan of food, it's the making of it that alludes me. I thought I'd share my results, as I'm always proud when I manage to make something edible. The best part is that we had all of the ingredients already!

For dinner I made vegetarian tacos - instead of ground beef, I substituted lentils - packed with protein, fiber, and other delicious goodness.







The original green lentil tacos recipe

For dessert I decided to try and make a lemon meringue pie, since I can't remember the last time we had one. It's far from beautiful, as I haven't made meringue since I was probably 12, but it was delicious. Also, I cut the sugar in half from what the recipe below says.

mmmm...







The original lemon meringue recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment