Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My latest crush: Blackband Home & Design. One FAB porthole mirror, and a little peek at my apartment..

I'm giddy today as I am sharing with you the newest addition to casa de Ashley, the gorgeous Porthole Mirror. Convex and framed out with a painstakingly detailed antique gold finish, the mirror was inspired by an antique discovered by the brilliant minds over at Blackband, so the piece is truly a very special replica. The gold is a perfect compliment to my robin's egg blue walls.

*Swoon! I love it!

It really turned out to be a perfect addition to my space - I couldn't be happier.

A close up of the detailing that went into getting the perfect patina.

I thought the cloche bell jar was a nice complement to the convex surface of the mirror.

I found an abandoned robin's egg, so I emptied it and brought it home to see if I could find a place for it in my apartment.  I also had some feathers from our guinea fowl, so I strung them both up in the cloche as an objet d'art.  What do you think?

Getting back to Blackband, here's a little bit more about them:

"Wendy Blackband, co-owner of Blackband Design, is one of Southern California's most sought-after designers; known for her eclectic take on coastal elegance. A California native, Wendy grew up on Balboa Island and has traveled and lived in Africa, Spain, Australia and South America. Her style inspiration has been influenced by vibrant colors and foreign cultures that punctuate her fresh and
distinctive "Coastal Bohemian" look. 

Blackband Design enjoys a well-deserved reputation for fair pricing, exceptional client service, and a personalized approach for every project, regardless of scope."

Here are a few more goodies from Blackband's online store that I have my eye on:
 Vintage wine jugs.
 Red coral (this would also look great with my light blue walls)

 White and blue lamp.  Love it.

Blackband also does interior design and showcasing.



This might possibly be my dream bed.


Want to see more? Go to Blackband Design to shop online and see more of their work.


 disclosure*: I received the mirror as a sample from Blackband Design

No comments:

Post a Comment