Friday, August 30, 2013

Preparing your home for Fall

It's almost that time of year again! As much as I like fall, I'm sad that before we know it summer will be over. For some reason it didn't really feel like summer much this year. I know I'm probably alone in this, but I love heat and even humidity. With the odd weather on the east coast we only got short spurts of heat. The stores are slowly switching over to fall items and I thought I'd share some of the things I'm eyeing for a fall transition in our home!

Personally I don't consider summer over until the end of September. So I'll be waiting until then to implement some of these changes, but based on where you are you may be able to get started sooner.

via Pinterest via Aphrochic via H&M Home

via Pinterest via Indulgy


Candles. Make a candle vignette for your dining room table.  Light them every night at dinner.  Have fun picking out some candles and holders you really love and love looking at every evening.  Unscented is best.  I place mine on a mirrored tray for added light.





Throws.  Nothing says comfy to me like a chunky wool or FAUX fur throw.
via A Touch of Luxe

via West Elm


via Tip Junkie

Textured pillows.  You don't really want to pile up the fuzzy pillows during summer, but fall is a great time to start putting out your textured pillows.  I've been wanting a mongolian lamb pillow for a while now.


Books Grab some books to curl up to! A Place Called Home is going to be released in  October and I think it's going to be a coffee table keepsake!  I love having some inspiration at my fingertips and curling up on the couch while sweetums watches TV.



Tom Scheerer Decorates is an absolute feast for the eyes.  I didn't want it to end and will be pouring over it often this fall and winter.  I'll be sharing more from it later.
via Amazon




No comments:

Post a Comment