Thursday, August 21, 2008

Is Shabby Chic still chic?

Rachel Ashwell started Shabby Chic back in the 80s after years of scouring thrift and antique stores for furniture with beautiful lines and the patina of a good life. Shabby chic has now become a decorating style of its own; pastels, worn finishes, whites, and romance are all variables that pull the look together. Some say that shabby chic has lost it's appeal, but I'm on the fence about it. I absolutely love the photos, and I think I could never get out of one of those beds once I 've slept in one. But I also wonder if the furniture and accessories could be blended in with people's already existing decor, or if one goes Shabby chic, do they have to go all out? What are your thoughts?











Images via
Shabby Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment