Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Velvet chairs and vintage-style bedding

Are there any West Elm fans out there? A step down from it's owner, Pottery Barn, West Elm is easier on the wallet, but I've never made any big purchases from the store. Do any of you have any experience with West Elm's furniture? If I do spy something I like in the catalog, it's usually an accessory or decorative piece, but this issue I liked some of the new furniture in the collection.


I really love this color, and I've also found myself being drawn to velvets lately. Humboldt chair, $499


curved upholstered chair $279, also in cocoa. I think the singular tufted button in the center is a nice touch.



vintage bird duvet cover + shams, starting at $29.99. I think birds (though I love them so) have become a bit overused. For some reason it doesn't bother me so much on this bedding. I think it's because I've always loved that "scientific illustration" look. I also like the forest drawing on the sham. I would also try and pair it somehow with the heirloom quilt as it has that same vintage feel with the keys and blue stripes.


Set of 3 round canvas nesting boxes, $63.20. I wish one could buy these separately, I only like the scissors and the needle and thread.



Does anyone know if West Elm beds hold up? I've narrowed my bed down to "upholstered", so now I've started to look around. Walton headboard, queen is $449. Button-tufted upholstered headboard, queen is $399.


All images via West Elm

No comments:

Post a Comment