Monday, November 30, 2009

Check out my style profile on Old World Charm!

I was so flattered when Shannon from Old World Charm asked me to answer a couple of questions about myself for a feature on his new blog - which I'm very excited about- Old World Charm.

What made you decide to strike out on your own as a Web designer?

Well, it all started with me designing a Web site for a friend of a friend, and it took hard work and dependability to sustain and build up clientele. I also have word of mouth to thank, which led to a lot of clients, meaning often staying up until 3 a.m. to meet deadlines. I then realized that I had to make a choice. I had to either strike off on my own or continue working at a company and discontinue freelancing on the side. Though there were aspects of the corporate world I was going to miss, I knew that it was really important to me that I work for myself. I’m the kind of designer who needs to start with a blank canvas every now and then, and I also really like interacting with people and my clients. It is also very important to me that I travel, and I’m very fortunate to possess a skill that allows me to take my work on the road when inspiration strikes (or is needed). So I went out on my own full-time in August and haven’t looked back! You can see some of my work at ashleywhitedesign.com

When and how did you first become interested in decorating and interior design?

I think I’ve always been interested in interior design. I’ve been a chronic rearranger my ever since I was a little kid. For me, setting up my room was how I played. That interest was brought back to life in 2007 when I signed a lease for a beautiful studio in a Brownstone. I didn’t have the faintest idea how to make a studio feel like a home. So online I went, discovered amazing design blogs, amazing ideas, and I was hooked!

If you want to read more, here's the interview!


Old World Charm, isn't even a month old yet, but it's already full of some great inspiration. Here are my favorites so far!






No comments:

Post a Comment