Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The National Stationery Show - my favorite display

*thanks Bev for the spelling tip* :)

I didn't attend the show this year, but there is tons of coverage to be found on all the beautiful art, papers, and latest stationery trends on various blogs. When I was walking down 7th Ave. in Park Slope last week I noticed that the local paperie, Lion in the Sun, had a gorgeous window display - below are a few pictures and the link to the blog post where they talk about it's creation.

Read/see more here





Adorable isn't it?! Next time I walk by I plan on bringing my camera and snapping some of my own photos. I also noticed noticed on their blog that they mentioned the display being inspired by the display of Hello Lucky’s Trade show booth from the NSS. So I did a little internet sleuthing and finally found some photos of their display on the blog Oh So Beautiful Paper.

Check out their beautiful version too -



You can visit Hello Lucky's website here.

I hope you find this as inspiring as I do - I think this idea could translate well on so many mediums - you could draw little frames with a sharpie on a linen or canvas inspiration board and pin your inspirational cards, photos, etc. within the frames, you could buy a natural colored picture frame with a wide border and draw on the actual frame a more ornate frame, what else? Any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment